I heard US airmen speak of ‘little people’ after military base UFO case

NEW WITNESS: The man claims to have heard a USAF man talk of 'little people'.

A new witness has come forward who could shed light on the UK’s most perplexing unsolved UFO case.

The 62-year-old, who asked Express.co.uk not to name him, claims to have heard US Air Force (USAF) personal discussing “lights” and “little people” just days after the notorious Rendlesham UFO sightings in Suffolk in December 1980.

The Rendlesham legend, which centres around neighbouring bases RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters, near Mildenhall, Suffolk, has been dubbed Britain’s Roswell, in a nod to the mystery of the UFO crash said to have taken place outside the town in New Mexico, USA, in July 1947.

The suspected alien event at Rendlesham saw three US officers based at RAF Bentwaters claim a “triangular-shaped craft” landed in neighbouring woods in the early hours of December 26, 1980, returning over two further nights.

The man, who was working in the warehouse of a newspaper and magazine company in Felixstowe at the time, says he was in the bar of The Marlborough Hotel on Felixstowe sea front between Christmas and New Year 1980, when he heard the bizarre exchange.

He said: “The sea front hotels were very popular with the USAF personnel, in particular the newly opened Flying Boat bar at the Marlborough.

“I knew a few of the USAF personnel by name, but it was just through bar talk and we had no association outside of the pub.

“I was having a drink at the bar.

“There were a number of USAF personnel in the Boat, as we called it and a small group of them stood alone in a corner of the bar.

“I looked over at them occasionally and could see they were having a serious discussion over something.

“One airman seemed to be particularly agitated.

“I edged over towards them, whether I wanted to be nosy, or just get closer to the fire I don’t know, but I did overhear a few words.

“The airman that was agitated talked about lights and little people.”

He said he had no idea at the time about the Rendlesham case, and did not learn about it until four years later when the News of the World ran an article about the “alien” event.

The man said: “Obviously it was a little weird, but the events of 1980 were not known generally at that time, so it meant nothing to me.

“The airman was calmed down by his pals and they got another round in.

“I asked the airman that went to the bar whether his mate was all right. He just answered he was a little upset, nothing more.

“A short while later the agitated airman let his emotions get the better of him again and he started waffling on, however I could not make out what he was saying.

“One of his mates then put an arm on him, trying to calm him down and told him to keep quiet or he would be in trouble.”

He said a few days later, the airman that had come to the bar to get a round in was back in the pub.

The man said: “I asked if his mate had recovered from the last time I saw them.

“He said, ‘he thought so, but he had been sent back to the States and no-one knew why’.”

Only one US airman has so far claimed to have seen any beings during the three-day encounter.

Larry Warren, 56, says he was part of a crew investigating a triangular craft on December 28, when he saw small beings beneath it.

Many in the UFO community say his account has been discredited by inconsistencies.

The book Left at East Gate a First-Hand Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident, Its Cover-Up, and Investigation, he co-wrote with Peter Robbins in 1997 was taken off sale in October by publisher Cosimo as a result of the latter distancing himself from the account.

This month Gary Heseltine, editor of UFO Truth Magazine, claimed Mr Warren had passed a series of lie detector questions about the incident, which had vindicated him.

Others remain unconvinced.

Nick Pope formerly investigated the phenomenon for the British Ministry of Defence (MoD), and now speaks at UFO conferences.

He told Express.co.uk: “The bottom line is that even if Warren passed a polygraph test – so what?

“We have so many contradictory versions of his story, indisputably on the record, that they simply can’t all be true.

“When even his own co-author disassociates himself from Warren, and when even his own publisher pulls the plug on his book due to question marks over the veracity of the contents, that should tell you something.
“It’s my firm belief, as someone who investigated the UFO phenomenon for the Ministry of Defence, that Warren’s story is utterly bogus.”

Other key Rendlesham witnesses are John Burroughs, Bud Steffens, James Penniston and former Colonel Charles Halt.

The first three first noticed lights and then a UFO “on the floor”, and could not account for a 40 minute period while searching in the woods when their communication systems went “off air” on December 26, 1980.

Mr Burroughs, Steffens, and Penniston later told of feeling “static” as they observed the object’s flashing lights and hieroglyphic-like markings.

And Mr Halt, the most senior witness, who was base deputy commander at the time, was not present during the first encounter, but was told the next morning and investigated that night after officers shouted: “It’s back, the UFO’s back.”

He went to investigate with a team who found three 1.5inch “impact holes,” damage to the canopies of trees and “higher radiation levels” in the “landing” area.

He said they then saw a mysterious object in a field between the woods and a farmhouse with “a red light moving.”

Mr Warren’s account is that on December 28, he was on guard duty when he was taken by truck to join other USAF personnel to investigate the UFO.

It is then that he claimed to see a landed triangular craft and small alien beings nearby, before he and other men were ordered to cover up the incident.